2021 Calendar Fundraiser
Purchase a calendar for $50.00. Each calendar has a 4-digit number. Each day of the year there is a chanbce to win a cash prize. If your assigned number matches the PA nightly Pick 4 daily number (straight match) you win the cash prize on the calendar for that day. Fill out a calendar fundraiser form and return to the Business Office or place in the Sunday collection basket. You can pay by check or online through parish giving. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the link below to print out the form for the Calendar Fundraiser.
Fiscal Year 2020 Financial Report
Click on the link below to review the parish’s Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2020 (July 1, 2019 thru June 30, 2020). Included is the balance sheet showing the parish financial position as of October 9, 2020.
Confirmation is scheduled to take place at Holy Cross on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 4:00pm. Most Reverend Edward Deliman will be the celebrant. Please keep our confirmandi in your prayers as they prepare for reception of this Sacrament that completes their Christian initiation and calls them to a life of Christian service!
Confessions are heard on Saturdays 3:30-4:15 pm in the Lower Church. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Also, please note (for those who are sick or high risk due to COVID-19) the following from the Apostolic Penitentiary:
“Where the individual faithful find themselves in the painful impossibility of receiving sacramental absolution, it should be remembered that perfect contrition, coming from the love of God, beloved above all things, expressed by a sincere request for forgiveness (that which the penitent is at present able to express) and accompanied by votum confessionis, that is, by the firm resolution to have recourse, as soon as possible, to sacramental confession, obtains forgiveness of sins, even mortal ones (cf. CCC, no. 1452).”
Through the generosity and willingness of our outstanding volunteers, the SVDP Food Pantry at Holy Cross remains open. The Holy Cross Parish Family is especially grateful to people, businesses, and organizations throughout the wider community that have been so generous particularly during the current pandemic. We are truly grateful and thank you in the name of those who have benefited from your kindness!
Directives for Open (Green) Phase
Public Mass during the Open (Green) Phase
Delaware County currently is currently in the Green Phase. Please take notice of the instructions below. All are asked to follow these when attending Mass during this period. Many thanks!
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation continues to be SUSPENDED during this time. You are not required to attend Mass at this time.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Please stay home if you are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID19.
- Sunday Mass and certain Weekday Masses will continue to be available online at holycrosscatholics.org
- Sunday Masses: 4:30pm (Vigil), 8:30am, and 11:00am
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday Masses at 8:30am
- Please note: temporarily no public Mass on Friday during Open Phase (available online)
- Confessions (Lower Church): Saturdays 3:30-4:15pm (Please wear a mask)
BEFORE COMING TO MASS
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Before entering the Church, please put on a face mask or cloth covering. Exceptions to this are (per CDC Guidelines) children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove a cloth face covering without assistance.
- AGAIN: Please do not come to Mass if you are sick or are at higher risk for severe illness with COVID19.
- Missalettes will not be in the pews during this period. You are welcome to bring your own missal/readings with you.
ENTERING THE CHURCH
- There will be only one set of doors open on each side
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at each vestibule.
- Please use the hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the Church.
- Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own personal hand sanitizer and/or wipes
- Every third pew will be open to ensure proper social distancing.
- Members of the same household may sit together as normal.
- Please place 6 feet between your household and members of a different household.
- There will be no collection taken up during the Offertory.
- A Collection Basket will be located in the front center of the sanctuary. Offerings may be placed there either upon entering church or upon leaving after Mass. Offerings may continue to be mailed in or dropped off (drop box outside parish office or at front door of rectory). Please consider the option of electronic parish giving (parishgiving.org)
- There will be no Sign of Peace during Mass.
- The Precious Blood will not be distributed.
- Only Cry Room restroom is available (advisable to avoid public restroom use if possible).
RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION
- Holy Communion will be distributed from the Center Aisle Only
- Please maintain social distancing in the Communion line and returning (6 feet).
- All are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand.
- Anyone receiving on the tongue is kindly asked to present himself last out of respect for other communicants since hand sanitizing is required per archdiocesan directives.
- Please remove your mask before receiving Holy Communion and then reaffix.
EXITING THE CHURCH
- At the conclusion of Mass, please exit the Church and proceed directly to your car.
- Please do not congregate for any reason.
- All are welcome to take a parish bulletin home with you.
- Bulletins will not be handed out
- Please leave your mask on until you exit the Church.
YOUR HOLY CROSS PARISH FAMILY
- Know that parish staff will strive to follow the guidelines from the CDC for sanitation as we resume public Masses.
- All can help by wiping their area (if personal wipes are brought) before leaving.
- Please be patient as we adjust to the “new normal.” THANK YOU!!!
- OUR LADY OF THE HOLY CROSS! PRAY FOR US!
Ordinary Time/Open (Green) Phase 2020
- Confessions — Saturdays—3:30—4:15 PM. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Opportunities for Giving — Catholic Charities Appeal – Holy Cross Development Fund
- Magnificat Magazine—Daily Mass Readings and Prayers (Special trial/$5.oo) See https://us.magnificat.net/free